Buckwheat Porridge with Turmeric and Oranges
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups vegetable milk or water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cm fresh turmeric root grated or ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, plus a pinch of black pepper boost the turmeric
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 tbsp orange jam/puree
- 4 dates
- Bring boiling water to the boil. Pour boiling water over the buckwheat, then drain the water and repeat the process.
- Pour the milk over the rinsed groats, add the cinnamon, turmeric and a pinch of salt, and cook, covered, over low heat until the groats have absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle the warm porridge into bowls, top with orange jam and dates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!