Kale Soup with Echinacea
- 1 large yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger piece
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 piece turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups kale
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 40 drops of Echinacea extract
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel onion, ginger, and garlic cloves.
- Then roughly chop up the onion, ginger, and garlic. All the ingredients are going to be blended so these do not have to be finely diced.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and add in the chopped yellow onion. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring so it does not burn.
- Then add in the chopped ginger and garlic and saute another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Wash and chop up the celery. Also, remove the kale from the thick stems.
- Add the celery to the sauteing onion, ginger, and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the beans and rinse them well in a colander.
- Add the beans, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne to the pan and stir well to incorporate.
- Then add in the kale and cover the pan. Leave covered for about 3 more minutes or until kale begins to wilt.
- Remove the pan from heat and add all the contents to a blender.
- Add the water (or vegetable stock or coconut milk or a combination) into the blender too.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in the echinacea and blend for a quick second or two, again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!