Lemon & Turmeric Courgette Soup
- 1 kg yellow courgettes
- 200 g potatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- few slices chilli pepper
- 1/2 lemon zest
- olive oil
- 1/2 l vegetable stock
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper Remember, that pepper activates curcumin in turmeric!
- 1 pinch salt
- to serve: black sesame, coriander or parsley
- Peel the courgettes and cut them into thick slices, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a pot and add the courgettes together with the potatoes, lemon zest, turmeric, black pepper and chilli pepper. Stir thoroughly and sauté over low heat for 10 minutes. At the very end, fish out a few slices of courgette and set aside to serve.
- After that, pour the broth into the pot and cook for another 5 – 8 minutes. When the vegetables are very soft, blend everything into a smooth cream, season to taste with lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Serve with slices of fried courgette, sprinkled with black sesame seeds and coriander or parsley leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!