Orange Cake with Ginger
for a small baking pan 11 x 22 cm
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil, e.g. coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 oranges – grated peel from 1 and squeezed juice (1 cup)
- piece of fresh ginger, so that after grinding it comes out to 1 teaspoon
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Add grated orange peel and ginger, freshly squeezed orange juice, oil and vanilla extract. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 170 degrees C.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!