Quick & Comforting Ginger-glazed Tofu
- 1 cube smoked or natural tofu
- 1 tbsp vegetable frying oil
- 1-2 tsp grated ginger (fresh)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp potato or corn starch
- additions: julienne carrots, chopped spring onions, sesame seeds, nori
- Dice the tofu and fry it in a frying pan with well-heated oil – do not change its position, wait patiently until each side is browned and crispy.
- Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and ginger in a small saucepan and heat briefly without bringing to a boil. Add the water mixed with the starch and, stirring constantly, allow it to thicken.
- Stir the tofu into the glaze or pour some of the sauce over it. Serve on carrots mixed with sesame seeds, add nori algae and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!