Tofu Baked in Oranges with Ginger, Garlic and Rosemary
- 2 natural tofu cubes 1 cube is 180g
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Divide each tofu cube into four pieces and fry until golden brown in a pan with melted coconut oil. Remove the golden tofu from the pan and drain it on a paper towel.
- Scald the oranges, cut one into thin slices which you divide in half and squeeze the juice from the other one.
- Pour the orange juice into a bowl, add finely chopped ginger and garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup and smoked paprika. Mix everything until the ingredients are combined.
- Put the previously prepared tofu slices into a suitable baking dish, pour 3/4 of the prepared sauce over them and place the oranges, which should be covered with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the top with fresh rosemary.
- Bake at 180C for 20-30min until most of the sauce has evaporated and tofu and oranges are golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!