Vegan Focaccia with Grapes and Onions
- 300 g 0/00 type flour
- 100-200 g semolina
- 25 g fresh yeast or 7g dry yeast packet
- 300 ml warm water (not boiling!)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2-3 young green onions
- bunch of grapes
- olive oil
- Pour the water into a bowl, add the yeast, a pinch of sugar and a few tablespoons of flour. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Stirring with your hand, slowly add flour.
- When the dough starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl add olive oil.
- Keep kneading. Transfer the dough to the countertop.
- Dough should be soft and elastic. If it still sticks to your hands it's nothing. Knead for a while sprinkling not too much flour or semolina. Slightly sticky dough is better than a rock hard dough.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and leave it to rise. Let the dough double in volume.
- Stretch the dough into a thin sheet starting from the middle. Do not roll it out.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Slice the onion. Place on focaccia and press into dough.
- Arrange the grapes on the dough.
- Sprinkle with salt and oil generously.
- Bake at 200-250 degrees until the edges are browned.
- After baking sprinkle with oregano or thyme.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!